- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin. Combine flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
"I made these a few weeks ago and have many requests for more and for the recipe. Making them this weekend for a pot luck dinner. Think I will make copies of the recipes to hand out, I know I'll be asked."
"My daughter won her cooking competition with these! They taste fantastic. Highly reccomend."
"The cupcakes and icing turned out great. I doubled the recipe but instead of using 5 cups of sugar for the cupcakes, I only used 3. It came out perfectly sweet with the 3 cups."
"Awesome taste. My family loved these. I had enough left over to make a small pumpkin loaf. Next time I am going to make this as loaves instead of cupcakes."
"Delicious! I've made these several times and have taken to work. Everyone raves about them and comes looking for more! My children also love them! People who don't like pumpkin have tried them and say they are awesome!"
"After I submitted my review I saw it was for the Pumpkin Cupcakes and not the Pumpkin cookies!!!! So sorry! I did make these cupcakes also and they are scrumptious!"
"Very moist and tastey. The frosting was delicious and the added cinnamon topped it off. My boyfriend who is not even a big sweets person ate them 2 days in a row and my kids LOVED them. Even better the next day!"
"These are delicious!! Very moist & the icing made them-these are the best pumpkin cupcakes ever!"
"I have been making these for years an they are always the talk of the party. The only thing that I do different is use one big can of 29oz of pumpkin instead of 15oz and it just makes it so much more moist and more pie like."
"Everyone absolutely loved them and begged me for the recipe. I made according to recipe as written."