Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin. Combine flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 cupcake: 340 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 16, 2019Yes, it is. I have made it at approximately 5200 feet elevation with perfect results.
Aug 31, 2019Is this recipe already adjusted for altitude? Haven't tried it yet but looks good
Oct 24, 2018These were awesome. I did however, fill them with a whipped cream and vanilla pumkin spiced pudding. It just added that wow factor
Oct 16, 2018I made these today. They were easy to make and the recipe was easy to follow. I am taking them to a party and I'm sure everyone will love them. I'm sure I will be making them year round. (We love pumpkin)
Nov 22, 2017
I made these last night..Followed the recipe completely. Didn't change a thing. They were amazing...I made them for my husband for work. They were gone quick he said. I will for sure be making these again.
Nov 16, 2017
These are absolutely delicious. It is one of my favorite fall cakes to make. The cake has a nice spice and it's not dry. The cinnamon in the cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch.
Dec 31, 1969
I just made these and the frosting seems awfully dense......shouldn't there be some milk or half and half mixed in with conf sugar to make it light and fluffy?
Dec 31, 1969
Hello im about to make this recipe. One question can I use regular milk instead of buttermilk?
Oct 22, 2017
Hi - I'm about to try these out. Do you use salted or unsalted butter?
Update: Used salted butter - these are the best cupcakes I have ever cooked by far, and I'm not even a pumpkin fan! The pumpkin flavor is light and it balances so well with the cinammon cream cheese frosting! Thank you so much - I will be making these every fall for the rest of my life
Dec 31, 1969
To Mary...I used salted butter and they turned out great. I only use unsalted if it's specified in the recipe.