- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first eight ingredients. Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and, if desired, raisins.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Pumpkin Bread
"very good, i used my squash instead of pumpkin. still tastes great."
"Before I bake this...what size can of pumpkin"
"Has anyone used fresh mashed pumpkins?"
"I made these into 4 mini loaves. I used cinnamon chips and less sugar instead of raisins and walnuts. Very easy to make."
"Great receipe but I found with my oven I had to bake it about 80 minutes. I baked the bread in a Pyrex glass loaf pan. Added walnuts and raisens, delicious!"
"Good flavor, nice spice. Mine came out overly sweet, though, for my taste and a bit heavy, not light and airy. I had dried cranberries so I used those. Next time I will try with fresh."
"Fabulous! The only thing I did differently was to use two loaf pans instead of one, and bake for 50 minutes! They came out perfectly!"
"Why in the world to all you people review a recipe you make your own changes to? It is frustrating to start reading and then realize it is not based on the recipe as written. I spend more jumping on to the next one. Stick to the recipe!!"
"Decided to try this recipe since I had all the ingredients with the exception of the nutmeg. The family loved it and it's now my go to pumpkin bread recipe. I didn't have nutmeg, but I did have pumpkin pie spice, so I substituted that for the cinnamon and nutmeg. Also, I realized after I put the pan in the oven I forgot to add the salt, but after tasting it without the salt I think I will just leave it out in the future too."
"I use pecans instead of walnuts. But I just have to ask: what is a large small bowl? That just killed me."