- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 6 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower and garlic cloves; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Return to pan; heat through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin & Cauliflower Garlic Mash
"So much more interesting than just squash or just cauliflower! We used regular cream cheese and it worked fine."
"Awesome! I sprinkled some dried thyme instead of the fresh. I also cut the Cayenne and black pepper down to a sprinkle for my super sensitive kid. I thought it needed more salt. Also used 2.5oz of block cream cheese instead of the spreadable. I also thought it was better without the pumpkin, but it was delicious with it too. (My cauliflower hating husband said it tasted like dirt, but I didn't expect him to like it.)"
"Well this is delicious! Also, it's a nice change from your standard mashed potatoes. I might cut the cayenne in half the next time I make this, but all-in-all, it was/is dynamite!"