- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°.
- Top each patty with a cheese slice; grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Grill rolls cut side down for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Top each with a burger and lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Provolone Burgers
Sort By :
"Good but not great."
"One of the best burgers I've had in a long time!"
"Enjoyed these burgers -- it's nice to have something a little different."
"Delicious! Could cut the recipe in half and still have had plenty, but very good."
"Our family really liked these burgers"