- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, bread crumbs, green pepper, 1/3 cup pizza sauce, onion and garlic. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six oval patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Microwave remaining pizza sauce, covered, on high for 10-20 seconds or until heated through. Place patties on toast; top with cheese and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Presto Pizza Patties(2)
Sort By :
Our family likes this. It's fast and easy.
I made this just as recipe asked. Changing nothing and it was just ok. I was very disappointed in the flavor it tastes like a giant meatball patty on bread with pizza and I thought it was a bit to plain and unfavorable. If I made this again I would maybe try adding more garlic and spices to the meat mixture. The toasted bread was fine. Thanks.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheeseburgers >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >