Potluck Banana Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- COFFEE FROSTING:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in milk; add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Banana Cake(60)
Sort By :
Delicious cake! I really like the coffee frosting with it. I have also made this with a peanut butter frosting and it was divine. This is a versatile cake and you should definitely give it a try.
I have made this for years..but I call it banana bars and make it in a 15 by 10 inch pan.Always turns out excellent. I frost it with bream cheese frosting. Easy and delicious. Never fails!!!
there is nothing better than banana cake. This is a great and easy cake for any occoasion!
didn't turn out well. didn't cook well through, very dense and heavy, doughy almost on the bottom not sure what I did wrong. seems most of the reviews are great. id try it again, but if I didn't get a great result second time, I will toss the recipie.
Very tasty moist cake, everyone loved it!