- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- COFFEE FROSTING:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in milk; add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Potluck Banana Cake
Sort By :
"This is so good! I wasn't sure about the coffee frosting, but it is a good combination. Thanks for sharing!"
"Super quick - super delicious! Was ready to go in the oven by the time it preheated. Stayed moist and delicious! Cheated with a can of cream cheese frosting and it was just enough! Great dish for a party or crowd. It's a keeper!"
"Absolutely delicious! Moist & flavorful, & easy to make! I didn't make the frosting because I'm diabetic & all my kids have grown up with cakes without frosting (except for special occasions) & think they're too sweet with the frosting. Have to admit I was tempted to try it, though--sounds delicious! The cake alone is excellent! I'd add a little more vanilla next time, though, just to meet our tastebuds."
"You will have to try really good"
"I made cupcakes from the recipe, it makes about 15. They were absolutely delicious !!Such a simple, good basic recipe.......very moist, very flavorful. definitely a "keeper"."