- 8 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream cheese; stir until blended. Garnish with bacon and chives if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Potato Chowder
Sort By :
"This was OK but I like my potato soup much thicker. I even added cornstarch, tried mashing some of the potatoes and added shredded cheddar cheese to try and thicken it some and it was still to watery. It also took a lot of time to get the cream cheese to blend in. I had used the whipped cream cheese hoping it would work better but it did not. This didn't taste bad but I don't believe I'll make this recipe again. I have other potato soup recipes that I know I like better. I would definitely recommend, if you like your potato soup on the thicker side, reducing the amount of chicken broth."
"Fantastic. Sometimes I add diced ham and at the end I add shredded swiss cheese"
"easy, cheap, and simple to put in the crockpot. only issue i had was a cream cheese doesn't incorporate completely and there can be lumpy."
"TI LOVE this recipe, it is so quick and easy to make and one of our favorite recipes, I make it on on the stove and its done in no time. I use real bacon bits its so much easier then cooking my own bacon. This is a must try."
"Amazing recipe!! My whole family loved it! I added about 2 cups of chopped, fully-cooked ham instead of bacon, and topped with chopped green onions! Very good recipe!"