"One of the ladies in our church quilting group brought this savory potato soup to a meeting," recalls Anna Mayer from Ft. Branch, Indiana. It's easy to assemble in the morning, then cook all day. Cream cheese and a sprinkling of bacon provide richness.
- 8 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream cheese; stir until blended. Garnish with bacon and chives if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Potato Chowder in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p42
Reviews for Potato Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review