- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Place cheese on two bread slices; top with mushrooms, tomato and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with remaining butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Portobello-Gouda Grilled Sandwiches
Sort By :
This was okay... But really nothing special.
Not enough flavor.
Family went wild! Didn't have rye so we used Italian bread sliced. Still turned out really good. Served with Tomato soup. Just put everything on the Foreman grill! Also added some balsamic vinegar accidentally from another recipe but that just made it better! Kids want it on the regular dinner rotation now.