Pork Tenderloin with Gravy Recipe
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 3/4 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended; set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides. Stir in the gravy mixture, mushrooms and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Gravy
Sort By :
So yummy !!!!!
My husband and I did not particularly enjoy the pork tenderloin cooked in this manner. The texture of the meat was kind of rubbery. We love the whole tenderloin grilled or roasted in the oven, but this method of cooking was not best for this cut of meat, in my opinion. I gave it 3 stars because the sauce was tasty. I suspect this recipe would be better for pork chops and will probably give that a try sometime.
This is just sooo delicious!!! I made it according to the recipe (w/o mushrooms, though) and it was great! The next time, I only had an envelope of pork gravy so I used that with apple cider vinegar in place of balsamic....it was even better!! Thanks so much for this recipe...I'm making it again tonight for dinner!
My husband doesnt like pork whenever i make I get an eyeroll. So for him to request this recipe is quite an amazing thing. Very Very good. and so easy.
My husband and sister devoured this and my husband wants it again. I did like some other reviewers suggested and increased the water to one cup, then I served it over garlic smashed potatoes. Soooo yummy! If I could give it six stars I would.