- 2-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (28 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 4 hours longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Pork Chili
Sort By :
"too hot for my family, sorry"
"This had a kick but was way too sweet tasting. No one in our family wants me to try this one again..... Sorry about that!"
"I had whole jalepenos, so I finely chopped a whole one and threw that in there, and left out the cayenne pepper and the chili powder. Delicious! Husband LOVED it. Definitely will make again. It's spicy, but not so spicy that I can't get through a whole serving of it."
"I won a chili cook off with this recipe for pork chili. I call it my pulled pork chili , I left out a couple of items so I could call it my recipe. Instead of chunks I shredded the pork. Now I am going to put the recipe in our church ' s recipe book the ladies are making . Thanks so much for great recipes ."
"I'm not really a fan of pork in chili; however, I decided to give this a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The combination of pork with the spices and chili beans made a nice, zesty combination. One thing I did was to make my chunks a little smaller. I also add an additional can of spicy chili beans. Excellent."