- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a Dutch oven, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place green beans in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, combine orange juice, pomegranate juice, butter, vinegar, syrup, orange peel and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cranberries. Add beans and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pomegranate-Glazed Green Beans
"Very easy, very delicious, but the acidic components of the sauce discolored my green beans. When I make it again, I will reserve the sauce and only drizzle it on after I plate up the servings of beans."
"I made these for Thanksgiving dinner last night and they were a big hit. The glaze adds a bright flavor to the beans. Easy enough to make on a weeknight, yet special enough for a dinner party. For added texture and color, garnish beans with some pomegranate seeds."