Green beans are a popular vegetable in our house. They get a nice zing from this slightly tangy glaze featuring fruit juices, vinegar, maple syrup and seasonings.—Geraldine Saucier, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a Dutch oven, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place green beans in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, combine orange juice, pomegranate juice, butter, vinegar, syrup, orange peel and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cranberries. Add beans and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pomegranate-Glazed Green Beans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Pomegranate-Glazed Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2016
"Very easy, very delicious, but the acidic components of the sauce discolored my green beans. When I make it again, I will reserve the sauce and only drizzle it on after I plate up the servings of beans."