- 1 pound spiral macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 to 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Croutons, optional
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, tomatoes, Cheddar cheese, green onions and pepperoni. In a small bowl, combine oil, Parmesan cheese, vinegar and seasonings. Pour over macaroni mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Top with croutons just before serving if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pizza Salad
"This is one of my sister's favorite pasta salad recipes. She will often add black olives and peppers and leave out the croutons. Its a huge hit at potlucks and a staple for our family!"
"This salad was really good. Used sun dried tomatoes from a jar, drained and chopped instead of fresh, it added extra flavor. Best eaten the day its made, the pasta really soaks up the dressing."
"Made this salad this evening, turned out great. Still in refrigerator soaking up the seasoning and getting cold. I used salami, instead of pepperoni. I cut into small cubes. I also used shredded 4 cheese Mexican cheese, don't like cheddar cheese, added a couple tablespoon balsamic vinegar, chopped onions and 1 chopped jalapeno pepper, I like spicy.. I also used two different kind of pasta. Used olive oil, that is what I have in my home...Turned out great....I always like to put my own spin on these recipe. I am a great cook."
"Pizza salad was delicious, I prepared it for a bowling banquet & it was a success, several people asked for the recipe. They told me they had tried to make this before but it was never this good. I must say that I cut back on the cheese cubes, I also cut the peperoni in halve."
"I make this all the time. I use a couple bottles of zesty Italian dressing (or regular) then you don't have to use the vinegar, oil, or oregano. I also mince fresh garlic instead of the powder. Works great using salami with pepper jack cheese."