Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion. Stir in pizza sauce until combined. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 32 rolls.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pizza Rolls(5)
Sort By :
AWESOME! My sisters and I made them during football sunday and they were a hit!
this is great
These pizza rolls are great to make ahead and put in the freezer for a quick meal on a busy day
So far I've made these twice, and getting ready to make them again right now! Very very good...I tend to just use a little more cheese and a few more wrappers, there seems to be so much filling. The more the better anyhow, these taste great!
I have made these hundreds of thousands of times. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but that's how good they are. Labor intensive at first, but I made these in 2006 for my daughter's 16th birthday party, and they were easy to just pop into my Fry Daddy and have ready to eat for all the guests (many adults attended, and were like little kids all over again). Excellent recipe, and it makes a lot. They freeze very well.