Pizza on a Stick Recipe
- 8 ounces Italian turkey sausage links
- 2 cups whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 30 slices turkey pepperoni (2 ounces)
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/4 cups pizza sauce, warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut sausage into 20 pieces. On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the sausage, vegetables and pepperoni.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; cut widthwise into 1-in.-wide strips. Starting at the pointed end of a prepared skewer, pierce skewer through one end of dough strip and press dough against last ingredients on the skewer. Spiral-wrap dough strip around skewer, allowing vegetables and meats to peek through. Wrap the remaining end of dough strip around skewer above the first ingredient. Repeat with remaining dough strips and prepared skewers.
- Arrange kabobs on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender and pizza crust is golden. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pizza on a Stick in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p37
Reviews for Pizza on a Stick
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2012
This is fun for the kids to do and it is a recipe you can to take camping.