- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Fat-free milk, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water, pineapple juice and salt to a boil over medium heat. Stir in oats; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pineapple, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Oatmeal
"I mad this oatmeal at night for my husband who works very early in the morning. He reheated at work and he loved it. I saved a little for myself and I also reheated later the next morning. I added 1tsp of water before putting in microwave, It was excellent!!! Love this recipe."
"This oatmeal is wonderful. Both filling and tasty while getting in some fruit servings. I did add a pat of butter and milk."