Pineapple-Coconut Angel Food Cake Recipe
I found this recipe at a local paper and adapted it to suit my family's tastes. A friend who doesn't cook much took this cake to a family gathering, and they thought she was an overnight gourmet! Donna Quinn of Salem, Washington
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pineapple or orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pineapple and coconut extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. For topping, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and pineapple extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple-Coconut Angel Food Cake in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p31
Reviews for Pineapple-Coconut Angel Food Cake(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >