- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add the vegetables; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in pineapple and reserved soy sauce mixture; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry
"Very good! I thickened a hit with cornstarch as some suggested & it was good. Next time I might add a bit more pineapple. It's a keeper."
"Great recipe. We used extra pineapple.- Theresa"
"Fresh and sweet, this recipe makes for a great, light dinner. The dish is really easy to make and very family friendly with its mild flavors."
"Love the simplicity! The sauce needs a little more 'zing' - I thickened it, and next time will probably add a little black or red pepper to liven it up."
"I've been making this recipe for years and it's one of my all-time favorite recipes. I skip the chicken but I'm sure is delish with it!!"