Pineapple Boat with Fluffy Fruit Dip Recipe
At the root of this appetizer is a boatload of sweet, citrusy flavor. Children will find the carved pineapple appealing and be eager to dig into the delicious dip inside with fresh-cut chunks of summer fruit. "Adults also find the fruit dip delightful," comments Katie Adams from Red Oak, Texas. "I often treat myself to a batch when melons are in season."Katie Adams, Red Oak, Texas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- Additional orange and lemon peel, optional
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160*. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese. Gradually add egg mixture, beating until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
- Stand pineapple upright and vertically cut about a third from one side, leaving the top attached. Remove fruit and discard outer peel from the smaller section. Remove fruit from the larger section, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut fruit into chunks.
- Fill shell with dip. Sprinkle with and orange and lemon peel if desired. Serve with pineapple chunks and other fruit. Yield: 6 cups dip.
Originally published as Pineapple Boat with Fluffy Fruit Dip in Country Woman July/August 1998, p30
Reviews for Pineapple Boat with Fluffy Fruit Dip(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >