Ever since I can remember, my Mother served pickled eggs at Easter. It was a tradition that my family expected. I made them for my granddaughter the last time she visited and they were all gone before she left. —Mary Banker, Fort Worth, Texas
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) whole beets
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- Drain beets, reserving 1 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Place beets and eggs in a 2-qt. glass jar.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water, vinegar and reserved beet juice to a boil. Pour over beets and eggs; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pickled Eggs with Beets in Reminisce April/May 2009, p 48
Reviews for Pickled Eggs with Beets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review