My family loves pizza, but we rarely have it delivered since I created this fresh and flavorful version. Always a winner in my house, it is a fast and delicious meal that even my young son looks forward to. --Kate Selner of Lino Lakes, Minnesota.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 3/4 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Rub cut side of garlic cloves over crust; discard garlic. Spread crust with pesto. Top with the spinach, mushrooms, yellow pepper, tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with cheeses and oregano.
- Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Vegetable Pizza in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p40
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pesto Vegetable Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review