Pesto Vegetable Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 3/4 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Rub cut side of garlic cloves over crust; discard garlic. Spread crust with pesto. Top with the spinach, mushrooms, yellow pepper, tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with cheeses and oregano.
- Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pesto Vegetable Pizza
Sort By :
"Sooooo good! I did make a couple of what I think are minor changes: used a homemade crust, 1/4 lb. ordinary white mushrooms instead of portobello, red pepper instead of yellow, and as much baby spinach as looked good to me (bit more than packed 3/4 cup). Also, couldn't find fresh basil, so used some sort of bottled fresh chopped basil instead (kinda goopy looking and hard to spread). Personally, I don't think those were major changes, and so that said I rate this one of the best pizzas I've ever tasted! Would also like to try adding sliced zucchini, marinated artichoke hearts, olives............the options are endless!"