The addition of cumin complements the corn and peppers in these fritters that will be eaten up as quick as you can make them! —Precious Owens, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Featured In: 34 Best Mardi Gras Recipes
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, red pepper and onions. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and pepper; stir into corn mixture. Gradually add milk, stirring until blended.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 14 fritters.
Originally published as Peppered Corn Fritters in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p57
Reviews for Peppered Corn Fritters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review