- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook steak over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute peppers in remaining oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the zucchini, onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add the peas, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Saute the vegetables for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Return beef to the skillet. Combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak with Squash in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p38
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepper Steak with Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >