- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until light and fluffy. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar and flour in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Fold in pecans. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Sweet Potato Bake
"I have made this and it is absolutely delicious, easy and everyone likes the pecans on top."
"Great recipe, and so easy! I wanted a change from candied yams this Thanksgiving, and this was a hit! I'll definitely be making this again!"
"This has been our family's favorite recipe for years. My 10 year old just reminded me not to forget it for Thanksgiving!"
"This is a great recipe for fall, including at the Thanksgiving table. The topping makes it special. It is so tasty!"
"This is by far the best sweet potato casserole I have ever had/made. Even people that hate sweet potato casserole enjoyed this! I doubled it and it was a good thing because people had several servings. The topping is amazing! This is officially my go-to recipe."
"We always have this for every holiday dinner! Everyone loves it.. Even the kids get seconds!"
"This is wonderful! Even people who claim not to like sweet potatoes come back for seconds. I always serve this during the holidays since coming across this recipe a few years ago. My kids are always asking for it, it's their favorite dish on Thanksgiving Day."
"This is the best sweet potato recipe ever. Much better than cinnamon sweet potato's. My sister insisted she hates sweet potato's and finally tried these and ate half the dish. I am asked to make two of these next year for Thanksgiving."
"My kids raved about this recipe. I will be making this again for years to come."
"I made 10 different sides and this by far was the star. Everyone loved it! A definite must have for every Thanksgiving going forward."