Using a packaged cake mix speeds up the preparation time of this tasty fall cake. Topped with pecans and golden pears, this moist cake is pretty to look at and luscious, too. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Spread butter in an 8-in. square baking dish. Arrange pear slices in rows on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, using the milk and egg. Pour over pears.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pear Upside-Down Cake in Country Extra November 2009, p51
Reviews for Pear Upside-Down Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review