- 5 small pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sweet white wine or apple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until pears are tender. Cool slightly.
- Pour into a food processor; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, process again in a food processor for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Spoon into dessert dishes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pear Sorbet in Country Woman September/October 2006, p41
Reviews for Pear Sorbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2011
"I had a box of pears that had become overripe. I made a double recipe of the sorbet to try and use them up.The flavor is fantastic. I used a Riesling for the wine, which wasn't as sweet as I had planned. I like it anyway. I'd like to try it again with some other German white wines."