Lemon Plum Sorbet
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 8 medium plums
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add plums; cover and boil for 30-45 seconds. Drain and immediately place plums in ice water. Drain and pat dry. When cool enough to handle, remove skins. Cut in half; remove pits.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add lemon juice and zest; set aside to cool.
- Place the plums in a food processor; add sugar syrup. Cover and process until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Transfer puree to an 8-in.- square dish. Freeze until edges begin to firm, about 1 hour; stir. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours longer.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 310 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 79g carbohydrate (76g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 16, 2016
This sorbet was so good. I received requests to make it for some people who thought it was better than any they had ever bought. I used more lemon zest than it called for.
Jun 4, 2012
Instead of using the 1 cup of water, I used buttermilk for tang as well as cut some of the sweet taste. also, I used our ice cream freezer instead of putting it into the freezer. Made it taste more like sherbet instead of a sorbet. YUMMY!
Jun 18, 2011
Great flavor, would've given 5 stars, but this recipe was way too sweet. Will definitely make again only next time I'll use half the sugar