Lemon Plum Sorbet
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 8 medium plums
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add plums; cover and boil for 30-45 seconds. Drain and immediately place plums in ice water. Drain and pat dry. When cool enough to handle, remove skins. Cut in half; remove pits.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add lemon juice and zest; set aside to cool.
- Place the plums in a food processor; add sugar syrup. Cover and process until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Transfer puree to an 8-in.- square dish. Freeze until edges begin to firm, about 1 hour; stir. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours longer.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 310 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 79g carbohydrate (76g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 16, 2016
This sorbet was so good. I received requests to make it for some people who thought it was better than any they had ever bought. I used more lemon zest than it called for.
Jun 4, 2012
Instead of using the 1 cup of water, I used buttermilk for tang as well as cut some of the sweet taste. also, I used our ice cream freezer instead of putting it into the freezer. Made it taste more like sherbet instead of a sorbet. YUMMY!
Jun 18, 2011
Great flavor, would've given 5 stars, but this recipe was way too sweet. Will definitely make again only next time I'll use half the sugar