Pear Custard Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Cut pears into 1/8-in. slices; arrange in a single layer over filling. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 375° for 28-30 minutes (center will be soft-set and will become firmer upon cooling). Cool on a wire rack for 45 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 bars.
Reviews for Pear Custard Bars(3)
Sort By :
really tasty. hubby loved it. only change I made was I used 11x7 pan (both my 8in squares were in use) so I made 1-1/2 times the filling so it wouldn't be so thin and it turned out excellent. i'm gonna try it next time with peaches for something different (though the pears were great)
Yummy! They are a light dessert and very tasty. Will definitely be making these again.
love this recipe I use over ripe pears in the fall an add some sugar to them in a bowl instead of canned, everyone loves them
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >