Pear Bar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium pears, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and ginger; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in pears and coconut.
- Spread over warm crust. Bake 20-23 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 182 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 5, 2016
These r so delicious u will want to make them all the time!
Jan 13, 2014
Made a batch of these this morning. Excellent! I also added a pinch of cinnamon, next time maybe cardamon as well. Super easy, readily available ingredients. I Cooked the crust a little too long but still yummy.
Jun 11, 2013
These bars are fantastic! I added 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon and cloves to the topping, tasted like apple pie! A definite make again!
Dec 23, 2011
This was super easy and since I had the ingredients on hand, I whipped it up in no time. We enjoyed it with coffee for breakfast!
Sep 26, 2011
very very very good