Pear Bar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium pears, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and ginger; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in pears and coconut.
- Spread over warm crust. Bake 20-23 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 182 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 5, 2016
These r so delicious u will want to make them all the time!
Jan 13, 2014
Made a batch of these this morning. Excellent! I also added a pinch of cinnamon, next time maybe cardamon as well. Super easy, readily available ingredients. I Cooked the crust a little too long but still yummy.
Jun 11, 2013
These bars are fantastic! I added 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon and cloves to the topping, tasted like apple pie! A definite make again!
Dec 23, 2011
This was super easy and since I had the ingredients on hand, I whipped it up in no time. We enjoyed it with coffee for breakfast!
Sep 26, 2011
very very very good