I used peanut butter in place of the butter in my take on a traditional cutout cookie, which turned out super nutty and soft. My children love to decorate the cookie with frosting, sprinkles and some creativity. —Cindi Bauer, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- Assorted colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-in. to 4-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cookies and decorate as desired. Yield: About 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p42
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review