Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla frosting
- Red, green, yellow and blue gel food coloring
- Assorted colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-in. to 4-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart in ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cookies and decorate as desired. Yield: About 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies
Sort By :
"I made this and it was a huge hit! I want to make it again, but I don't need 4 1/2 dozen.Can you provide the measurements to only yield 12-14 cookies?"
"I enjoyed these cookies although the taste was very mild. I would have liked a stronger peanut butter flavor. When they first set up they were hard but then softened after settin in a covered container."
"Tasteless! I registered just to leave this review. Flour-tasting and dense. Salvaged the batter by adding 4T butter and a 1/4c brown sugar. Better, but not worth making this recipe again. I was making bone shaped cookies for human consumption to celebrate my puppy's first birthday - I literally fed the first batch of cookies to my dog! He liked them, but don't make them for human friends!"
"a good cookie.. not one of my favourites tho.."
"Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, it is wonderful and just what I was lookin for."