- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cake Bars
Sort By :
Loved these! Peanut buttery and moist. Only problem I had was the edges getting a little too done and slightly burnt by the time the center tested done. Will make again!
I was very disappointed with this recipe. There was not a lot of peanut butter flavor, as other reviews pointed out. I could have dealt with the lack luster peanut butter flavor and adjusted it accordingly the next time but my family did not care for the texture. I also thought they were kind of greasy. Maybe I creamed the butter mixture too long? I was hoping for a more chewy, crisp bar. I might had gotten more of the texture I was hoping for if I had baked them in a jelly roll pan instead of a 9x13 pan. Sadly, I will not be trying the recipe again, it had too many strikes against it for our family.
I made these wonderful bars this evening, my husband ate them even before they were cool and said numerous times how much he liked them. They are delicious and I will plan on making them again in the near future. Thank you for this great recipe
These were so good! They disappeared very quickly!
Wow! I can't even begin to say how great this recipe turned out. These were a huge hit, and I can honestly say these are one of the best cake bars I have ever had. I even used a cup of whole wheat pastry flour and no one could tell. Loved the flavor. Made no changes. They were soooo good!!! Would make again and again!!