- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cake Bars
"These bars are very brownie-like, not really a cake and not really a cookie. I used an egg substitute and they still turned out good. The peanut butter and chocolate chips go great together."
"These were OK. 40 minutes was too long to bake."
"Has anyone tried this recipe with Gluten free flour?I use Namaste perfect flour blend and I want to try this recipe but with gluten free flour and wow butter."
"These were good when they were fresh out of the oven, but as soon as they cooled off they were very dry. They weren't very peanut buttery tasting either."
"Everyone loved this recipe,they turned out perfect. Thanks for shareing your recipe."