- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Combine the milk, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, butter and egg. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in vanilla. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 16 pancakes (2 cups sauce).
Reviews for Peach Pancakes with Butter Sauce
"I only had fresh peaches and mashed them up. It was awesome! Also only had dark corn syrup. Equally awesome."
"A couple of suggestions for a healthier breakfast. Try half wheat flour and maybe for a change half buttermilk but loose the canned peaches, usefresh! Canned have HFCS and so does the corn syrup. Not good for the body!! There are natural subsitiutes that are healthy & flavorful!"
"Great recipe, Mikayla--you and your Grandma ROCK! Keep cooking :)."
"very good, i used peaches in the batter and thinned out some peach jam for the topping , excellent ,, it also works for pineapple with pineapple jam and pears and pear jam ..i have more to try yet but like reubarb , spelling ? and cranberry also plus strawberry .. all are good for breakfast or brunch or dessert with ice cream or whipped cream ..."