I am 10 and I enjoy helping my grandma in the kitchen. I love pancakes and peaches, so we came up with this recipe. —Mikayla Blackstar, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Combine the milk, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, butter and egg. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in vanilla. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 16 pancakes (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Peach Pancakes with Butter Sauce in Country Extra May 2010, p51
Reviews for Peach Pancakes with Butter Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review