Puff Pancake with Bourbon Peaches
I could make this breakfast every weekend when we are smack dab in the middle of peach season. —James Schend, Deputy Editor, Taste of Home Magazine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons bourbon or peach nectar, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 5 medium) or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; heat in oven 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and salt until blended; gradually whisk in flour. Remove pie plate from oven; tilt carefully to coat bottom and sides with butter. Immediately pour in egg mixture. Bake until puffed and browned, 18-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine water, 3 tablespoons bourbon, honey and preserves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add peaches; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Remove peaches to a bowl; set aside. Bring sauce mixture to a boil; cook and stir until reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat; stir in peaches and remaining 1 tablespoon bourbon.
- Remove pancake from oven. Serve immediately with warm peach sauce.