Patriotic Pizzas Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- AMERICAN FLAG:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- CANADIAN FLAG:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press mixture onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake 10-15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let cool.
- To make an American flag, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla and lemon juice, mixing until smooth. Spread 1 cup cream cheese mixture over crust. Set remaining cream cheese mixture aside.
- Referring to the photo for position, arrange rows of strawberries on top of pizza to create the red stripes of a flag. Place blueberries in the upper left corner.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #21 star pastry tip. Fill bag with reserved cream cheese mixture. For white stripes, pipe a zigzag pattern between the rows of strawberries.
- To make a Canadian flag, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla and lemon juice, mixing until smooth. Spread 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture over crust. Set remaining mixture aside.
- Arrange strawberries in the shape of a maple leaf on top of the pizza.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #5 round pastry tip. Fill bag with reserved cream cheese mixture. Pipe veins on maple leaf. Yield: 1 pizza.
Reviews for Patriotic Pizzas
Sort By :
I know this will be delicious, I mean, come on, strawberries and cream cheese....but I think when I make it I will put it on a rectangle cookie sheet to better represent the flag...
This was a HUGE hit! Easy to do, tasted great! I added lemon rind to the base, instead of lemon juice & substituted 2- Pilsbury Sugar Cookie Dough for the crust (will need additional cooking time). Also, substituted the sugar for 3/4 C. powdered sugar, added an extra tsp. vanilla and folded in 8 oz. of cool whip. Yummy!
I made this cookie for a summer party. It looked great and everyone came back for seconds!
Oh my, delicious is the word for this one!
I had all the ingredients and my grandsons helped make it. Try it. We guarantee you will like !
They all look so delicious.Haven't tried them all as of yet,but i am certainly going to.The cakes I have tried are so very good.Thank you so much for the wonderful recipes.Keep them coming.