Patriotic Pizzas Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- AMERICAN FLAG:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Star pastry tip #21
- CANADIAN FLAG:
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- Round pastry tip #5
- Pizza Crust: In a bowl, combine the flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly. Press the mixture onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Let cool.
- American flag: In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar. Add the vanilla and lemon juice, mixing until smooth. Spread 1 cup cream cheese mixture over the crust. Set the remaining cream cheese mixture aside.
- Referring to the photo for position, arrange five rows of strawberries on top of the pizza to create the red strips of flag. Place the blueberries in the upper left corner.
- Cut a hole in the corner of the plastic or pastry bag and insert the star tip. Fill the bag with the reserved cream cheese mixture. For the white stripes, pipe a zigzag pattern between the rows of strawberries.
- Canadian flag: In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar. Add the vanilla and lemon juice, mixing until smooth. Spread 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture over the crust. Set the remaining mixture aside.
- Arrange strawberries in the shape of a maple leaf on top of the pizza.
- Cut a hole in the corner of the plastic or pastry bag and insert the round tip. Fill the bag with the reserved cream cheese mixture. Pipe veins on the maple leaf. Yield: 1 pizza.
Reviews for Patriotic Pizzas(5)
Sort By :
I know this will be delicious, I mean, come on, strawberries and cream cheese....but I think when I make it I will put it on a rectangle cookie sheet to better represent the flag...
This was a HUGE hit! Easy to do, tasted great! I added lemon rind to the base, instead of lemon juice & substituted 2- Pilsbury Sugar Cookie Dough for the crust (will need additional cooking time). Also, substituted the sugar for 3/4 C. powdered sugar, added an extra tsp. vanilla and folded in 8 oz. of cool whip. Yummy!
I made this cookie for a summer party. It looked great and everyone came back for seconds!
Oh my, delicious is the word for this one!
I had all the ingredients and my grandsons helped make it. Try it. We guarantee you will like !
They all look so delicious.Haven't tried them all as of yet,but i am certainly going to.The cakes I have tried are so very good.Thank you so much for the wonderful recipes.Keep them coming.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >