Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-3/4 cups (about 14 ounces) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
- 12 freezer pop molds or 12 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- Place 2 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 cup strawberries in a blender; cover and process until blended. Remove to a small bowl. Chop remaining strawberries; stir into strawberry mixture.
- In blender, process 2 tablespoons yogurt, remaining honey and 1 cup blueberries until blended; remove to another bowl. Stir in remaining blueberries.
- In each mold, layer 1 tablespoon strawberry mixture, 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1 tablespoon blueberry mixture. Top with holders. (If using paper cups, top with foil and insert sticks through the foil.) Freeze until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 pop: 55 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
May 16, 2016
This turned out thick for me like others mentioned. These aren't very sweet and my kids don't care for them as is. I add a bit of sugar and the kids like it better.
Jun 29, 2014
I added a 1/4 cup of juice to 2 cups strawberries and a 1/4 cup of juice to 2 cups of blueberries, which helped thin it out and sweeten the fruit puree. With those quantities and 16 oz of vanilla yogurt, I got 10 popsicles.
Jun 13, 2013
I added a little juice to the strawberry and blueberry parts to thin it out a bit while it blended. That worked pretty well, but my son didn't like it much. I did add banana, milk and honey to the middle (white) part. That was his favorite (and mine too). They do look nice, but the berries were pretty messy. I'm try it again soon with a few alterations to fit our tastes.
Jul 4, 2012
strawberry and blueberry parts were pretty tart. we put banana in the middle and that was our favorite flavor. They are pretty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.