Jack Skellington Pops
Cake mix makes quick work of these cake pops decorated to look like Jack the Pumpkin King from The Nightmare Before Christmas. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 18 lollipop sticks
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Styrofoam block, optional
- Black decorating gel
- Prepare and bake cake mix batter according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. In a microwave, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Stir in frosting until blended. Add to cake crumbs; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one tip of lollipop sticks in coating; insert into balls. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. If desired, insert pops into Styrofoam to keep upright. Refrigerate until set. Decorate as desired with decorating gel.
Nutrition Facts1 cake pop: 320 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Jack Skelton Pops in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014