I've taken this dish to 4-H potlucks, church functions and my parents' 50th anniversary party. I also make it for guests. It's a salad with a little spunk!"
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 3-3/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3-3/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 7 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, sugar and mustard; set aside.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add beef and mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Add lettuce, tomatoes and cheese; toss to combine. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Taco Pasta Salad in Country Woman July/August 2006, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review