Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 Italian rolls, split lengthwise
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in flour, then egg; roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Layer chicken and provolone cheese on bun bottoms; spread with marinara sauce. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This is a great recipe. Used Kaiser rolls instead (I didnt feel like going to the store just for hoagie rolls!) and added mushrooms to the marinara. Can be a bit messy to eat but they are tasty. My husband loved em."