- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples or cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a 1-qt. jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (3 cups total).
- To prepare pancakes: Place 1-1/2 cups mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir in dried fruit if desired. Stir into pancake mix just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes per batch.
Originally published as Pancake Mix in a Jar in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p84
Reviews for Pancake Mix in a Jar
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2010
"Very yummy with Mashed Bananas! I made some as housewarming gifts for neighbors who inviting us for dinner and it looked very nice. I layered the cinnamon throughout the jar so that it had a layered look!"