The flavors of everyday pantry items ring out in perfect harmony in these herbaceous pan-fried chicken breasts. —Bobby Taylor, LaPorte, Indiana
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Lemon wedges
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chives and parsley. Spoon over chicken and serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pan-Fried Chicken Athena in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p30
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pan-Fried Chicken Athena
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review