- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine pretzels and 3 teaspoons sugar; stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pineapple and oranges. Chill until partially set, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Gently spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Orange Gelatin Pretzel Salad
"Made this for Thanksgiving it was delicious."
"Will try blueberries and lemon gelatin next time...stay tuned."
"This recipe is OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD. I am a baking heroine at my church because of this recipe! I have successfully substituted the pretzels with 2 & 3/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs. I have also used Strawberry gelatin with 2 cups of frozen, chopped strawberries. HINT: Using frozen or freezer chilled fruit will help your gelatin to set up more quickly; use the mixer to break up the gelatin and distribute the fruit, if necessary."
"This is delicious made with raspberry jello and using frozen raspberries!!"
"This is, without a doubt.....the bomb! You can't go wrong with this. No joke! I love it. I had it for breakfast!"