"This delicious stir-fry is quick to fix yet tasty enough for company," says Andrea Bolden of Unionville, Tennessee. "The tender chicken, crunchy cashews and sweet citrus sauce are always a hit."
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, carrots and celery in oil for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, orange juice, honey and soy sauce until blended. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Cashew Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Cashew Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review