Virginia Lawson CORTEZ, COLORADO By now, your garden is probably filled with ripe veggies! I jazz up this delightful sandwich with a tasty dressing and Muenster cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt, oregano and basil. Add vegetables and toss to coat. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard; spread over toast. Place on a baking sheet. Top with vegetable mixture, tomato and cheese. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Open-Faced Veggie Sandwiches in Country August/September 2008, p51
Reviews for Open-Faced Garden Veggie Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review