Open-Faced Garden Veggie Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt, oregano and basil. Add vegetables and toss to coat. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard; spread over toast. Place on a baking sheet. Top with vegetable mixture, tomato and cheese. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Open-Faced Garden Veggie Sandwiches(2)
Sort By :
This is an excellent recipe except for two things. If you went far enough to make this a veggie sandwich, why not go a step further and remove the fat, cholesterol, and harm to the animals and the planet by using a vegan mayo and a vegan cheese. It doesn't take much to make good and delicious into excellent and mouth-watering. So if you want to help make the world a better place - use veganase and veggie cheese.
I made this last night and my husband went nuts for it! I left out the eggplant(personally don't care for it)and it was delicious! will make again, thanks for sharing this