Old-Fashioned Chocolaty Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour and salt; gradually add water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Chocolaty Pie
Sort By :
"Because this pie is so simple to make, it's one that i make often. Very rich and chocolately! Tastes so much better than store bought boxed puddings."
"I didn't care for this filling at all. I threw it away after trying to eat a slice."
"I didn't care for this filling at all. It was not good at all."
"While the flavor of the pie was good, the filling never did set up right. I have another chocolate pie recipe that I don't have to tinker with so I will not be making this one again."
"I really like this pie. I currently can't have dairy products and this one works great for me. I whip cream for the rest of the family and eat it plain myself. One change I do make is I add 1/2 cup very dark chocolate or chocolate chips to the filling in the last minute of cooking. It tastes excellent."