Oat Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 2-1/3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 5 to 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in oats; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar, butter, salt and remaining water.
- Transfer to a large bowl; let stand until mixture reaches 110°-115°. Stir in yeast. Add 3 cups flour; beat well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; shape into 24 rolls. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Oat Dinner Rolls(8)
Sort By :
We tried these for the first time at our Thanksgiving dinner (nothing like trying out a new recipe for a major dinner!), and they were such a hit that we've made them multiple times since then. And I've gotten multiple requests for the recipe, so you know they're good!
Very good! I halved the recipe and didn't cook the oatmeal first and they turned out great.
They are great with soup!
We like these. I usually make fewer and make them bigger.
Very, very good rolls! Perfect with soup!