Oat Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 2-1/3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 5 to 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in oats; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar, butter, salt and remaining water.
- Transfer to a large bowl; let stand until mixture reaches 110°-115°. Stir in yeast. Add 3 cups flour; beat well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; shape into 24 rolls. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Oat Dinner Rolls(9)
Sort By :
These rolls are terrific. I do a lot of cooking for various groups and am always looking for new and easy bread and roll recipes. This one always gets rave reviews.
We tried these for the first time at our Thanksgiving dinner (nothing like trying out a new recipe for a major dinner!), and they were such a hit that we've made them multiple times since then. And I've gotten multiple requests for the recipe, so you know they're good!
Very good! I halved the recipe and didn't cook the oatmeal first and they turned out great.
They are great with soup!
We like these. I usually make fewer and make them bigger.