Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the baking mix, pecans and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then coat generously with pecan mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken(8)
Sort By :
Excellent! I mixed equal parts of powdered milk and water instead of evaporated milk and it turned out well. Love this recipe.
really good and easy to make but it is time consuming. Best made on a sunday afternoon. but i loved the flavors here
Nice and easy to make.
Very tender and moist inside, but I expected it to be crunchy outside and it was not. Taste was pretty good.
Have made this once and will make again. Excellent!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Oven-Fried Chicken >