Nelda's Sausage and Rice Dressing Recipe
This is an original recipe that I developed 15 years ago, and I can't count how many times I've used it since. Don't wait until Thanksgiving to try it.
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Poultry seasoning to taste
- Cook rice mix according to package directions; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Nelda's Sausage and Rice Dressing in Country October/November 1991, p51
Reviews for Nelda's Sausage and Rice Dressing(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review