- 10 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in the parsley, cheese, garlic and pepper.
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the egg mixture (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are set, sprinkle half of the sausage and mushrooms over half of the omelet; fold other side of omelet over filling. Slide onto a plate. Repeat for second omelet. Yield: 2 omelets (4 servings).
Originally published as Mushroom Sausage Omelets in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p20
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Sausage Omelets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review